Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hiking

Thursday, June 14th:  Indian Trail Hike




Friday, June 15th: Hiking in Empire-
We hiked a new trail through the woods near Lake Michigan.  We planned to walk along the beach on the way back but we got attacked by biting flies, so we ran back to the woods and took the trail back to the car.





I did the Empire bluff trail by myself, while my parents took the girls into Empire to play at the playground.


 This picture shows the hike we did from sleeping bear dunes (far left) along the beach down to Empire on Tuesday.  That is 3 miles of coast!


I zoomed in on the beach my parents had the girls at while I was doing this hike.  I ran the trail down the bluff (1/2 mile) and then the road into Empire (1 mile) to join them.

1 comment:

The Mitchell Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the picture of Keelin standing on her hands on the beach. I'm sure that made you proud!