Saturday, June 9th: We arrived at the cabin in the afternoon. We noticed there were a lot of ants in the kitchen and that there were ant traps on the counters. No concern... While we are unpacking, my mom notices Emmy is trying to eat something. She said, "I am hungry, eat yogurt!" My mom realized it was an ant trap she was trying to eat, not yogurt. My dad grabbed it from her and the liquid in it started to spill out. We asked Emmy if she drank some and she said she did. We ended up taking her to the Northport Hospital. On the way there she said her belly hurt, but I wasn't convinced she consumed any. I smelled the stuff...yuck! I am sure if any of that stuff touched her lips she would have said yucky. I think she was scared because grandma, grandpa, and myself were so worried. When we got to the hospital, we called Poison Control. They told us to do a child detox. (strip her of the clothes she was wearing, give her a bath, and have her drink water, milk, or juice). So we picked up a pizza and headed back to the cabin. An hour later Emmy was fine and Poison Control called us back to check on her. What a first evening at the cabin!!!
Night 2 went much better!
Sunday, June 10th: We went back to Northport for ice cream! Emmy had her first ice cream cone!
The girls got to play at the big playground while my dad ran to the grocery store to get some things we needed at the cabin.





No comments:
Post a Comment