Tuesday, June 12th: Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
We went to the Lake Michigan Overlook. I have been to this over look 4 times in recent years, but this year was the first time I went down the 450ft sand dune!
Heading down! My dad took Emmy, my mom had Keelin, and I took pictures all the way down!
Half way down... the girls love the sand dune!
Here is the view to the south and to the north (half way down the dune).
Keelin slid on her butt part of the way down.
Keelin and Emmy at the bottom!
Now we are ready to hike 3 miles to the town of Empire. (We could have climbed back up the dune...but who would want to do that????)
Beautiful, clear Lake Michigan! and the wonderful view on our long hike. Keelin ended up getting carried by grandpa for awhile because the bugs were bothering her.
Taking a break!
When we got to Empire, we ate dinner at a little tavern in Empire called "Joe's Friendly Tavern". It was so good!

No comments:
Post a Comment