Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New York City 5/26-5/28

NEW YORK CITY
Drew and I left for New York City in the morning. We took the Amtrak which was both of ours first train trip.

When we arrived at Penn Station we walked to our hotel which was many blocks away. It was lunch time so the people traffic was heavy!!! BUT... it was all worth it when we approached our hotel! Check it out... HERSHEY'S was on the corner!

We couldn't resist stopping for a treat!!!!

The view from our hotel room was of Time Square.



Drew and I decided to purchase a city tour bus ticket that was valid for 48 hours. We took that bus to all our site seeing destinations. Any time you are on the bus they narrate history about the city which allowed Drew and I to learn and see more than we originally planned.

Click on the collage to make it bigger.

This collage is of places we saw while on the bus.
(site where John Lennon was shot, NBC studios at Rockefeller Plaza, different museums, Apollo theater, Radio City, where Malcolm X preached, and General Grants National Memorial.)


A few blocks uptown was David Letterman's Late Show theater.
Our fellow Ball State grad!

Right before Drew and I arrived in New York City they decided to close a few blocks of Broadway (in Times Square) from car traffic. They filled the blocks with chairs!! It was very relaxing to sit and watch the busy city from the middle of the street sitting in a beach chair!


It was drizzling...
and there was a sea of umbrellas! It was very comical to watch all the moving umbrellas from the top of a tour bus!

The Empire State Building


Ground Zero
There is a fence all the way around because they are building a memorial there now so it was hard to see.

Drew and I took the Staten Island ferry (because it was free!) to go by the Statue of Liberty!

It was a very foggy day but I was able to get a few good pictures.

The view of downtown Manhattan

In times square there was a big ad for MICHIGAN!!!!

Drew and I went to see Momma Mia on Broadway! It was an amazing performance!



The best part about our trip was something we did not plan. Wednesday morning I was in the shower and Drew came in the bathroom saying, "You will never believe who is performing in the plaza tomorrow." I started jumping up and down in the shower (probably not the safest thing for a pregnant women to do) shouting, "Kris, Kris, Kris!!!"
So...Thursday morning we headed down to Rockefeller Plaza to see Kris and Adam perform.

Natalie Morales interview them in the studio before they performed. Drew and I were standing outside in the front row!

We went across the street when they performed because we could see them better.
We were behind the stage so their backs were to us.

Kris performing, "Heartless"

Adam performing

Matt Lauer with Kris and Adam.

During the summer, the famous ice rink is an outdoor bar.

Before we left on Thursday, we rented bikes and biked through Central Park.

This fountain is where part of Enchanted was filmed. It was very recognizable because Enchanted it Keelin's favorite movie right now...which means we watch it OFTEN!

view in Central Park

Drew biking in Central Park
(Yes... I was biking and taking pictures at the same time!)


Our Trip to New York City and Boston were amazing. We did so much in those 6 days!!

3 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

I'm glad that you guys had a great time! Those pics will make a great scrapbook!!

jane said...

Biking, taking pictures and PREGNANT!! Renee you crazy girl! Looks like a fun trip. NYC is perfect in this time of year.

Brittany Morrison said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Kris & Adam perform...I guess you got a sneak peek of the American Idol concert...haha!