French Braids! I remember the first time I was able to french braid Keelin's hair...see here. It took longer for me to braid Emmy's hair because she has a curly head of hair! I think she looks so different in these pictures because I am so use to her head full of curls.
She wanted to open her presents!
Check out the cut above her left eye! That was from the night before... I told her it was bedtime and she dove into the beanbag which was too close to the toy box... I heard a "clunk"...silences...and screaming. Poor girl...beat up for her birthday.
Keelin picked out a Dora dress for Emmy to play dress up with her in.
chocolate cake! (and she couldn't blow out her candles! Keelin had to help her!)
I can't believe Emmy is two! She is growing up so fast and is more and more independent. Keelin and Emmy love to play together! and Emmy does a great job entertaining herself when she plays. I love to sit back and watch her play with her babies and toys. She talks to them (in her own language).
She definitely jumped right into the terrible twos too! She had quite a few trips to time-out at daycare the week after she turned 2! She was hitting, biting, scratching, pushing, kicking, etc. You name it...she did it! My little bully. (not funny)
She is still struggling with the whole talking thing. We had her tested through a program called "First Steps" and she qualifies for speech. A speech therapist will work with Emmy once a week for an hour. We hope once she can communicate better with words, she won't be so physical in her communication. (Instead of saying, "no" or "stop", she hits or pushes.) I have talked to my good friend, Nicole, from back home who is a speech therapist and she helped me understand more about what Emmy needs to work on.
No comments:
Post a Comment