Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mini-Marathon

Saturday, May 15:
I ran the Green Bay Mini-Marathon which was 2.62 miles.

My Aunt Selys, Uncle Steve, and cousin Tara volunteered the morning of the race. I picked up my race bib from them!

I am standing in front of the start line.

Right before the race started.


(I am the one in gray and black.)
The end of the race was a loop around Lambeau Field!

There were over 2,000 runners in this event! There was no official times for runners. It was more of a fun run. They were giving out commemorative technical t-shirts to the top ten male and top ten female runners right after crossing the finish line.
I finished the race in 19 min. 16 sec. (6:57 pace!) When the two girls in front of me (see above picture) crossed the finish line they were counted 9 and 10 and were taken into a tent. A gate was pulled closed behind them as I crossed the finish line... I was number 11....uuuggghhh!
Later I ran into those two girls and I found out that once they were in the tent. They found out that they were actually 11 and 12 and did not get t-shirts. They ended up pulling too many females into the winners' tent. That made me feel a little better.
so...needless to say...I had a great race!
Me with my parents and Keelin after the race

No comments: