Monday morning I decided to enjoy the nice weather by taking the girls for a run in their double jogger! (Drew pushes the double jogger when we all go running...but no Drew that day because he was at work!) I pushed the jogger running for the first time! Let me begin by saying I ran the whole time!! I only ran 2.13 miles so it was a start!!! Well...about a mile into the run Keelin pipes in by saying, "Don't walk Mommy, don't walk!" I was not walking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe running very slow! give me a break kid...this is my first time trying to run and push 40 lbs of kiddos not including the stroller weight!!!!!!!! Two more times during the run Keelin said, "Go faster Mommy, go faster!" Emmy was wonderful!!! I am so glad she can't talk yet!!!!!!!!!
Then...Monday afternoon...I took both girls to the post office to mail out our Christmas packages. The line was out the door!! Here I am carrying Emmy in the car seat, holding two packages with Keelin next to me holding the third package. Can you picture us??? Emmy starts to cry...I can't find her pacifier...great! I have to entertain Keelin because she does not have patients for waiting!!!! I had wonderful women around me in line who were very helpful!! Got to love kind people in a post office line!!!! Well...Keelin asked me about the package she was holding. (Here is our conversation...)
K: Who is it to?
Me: Jamie. Do you know where Jamie lives?
K: (pause) with Uncle Clay?
Me: not that Jamie! Jamie Irwin...she lives in the same place Uncle Taylor lives.
K: Where does Uncle Taylor live?
Me: I don't know...Where does Uncle Taylor live?
K: Co...lo...ro...do (very articulate!)
Me: You're right!
K: Where does Uncle Austin live?
Me: I don't know... Where does Uncle Austin live?
K: Co..lo..ro..do... Where does Kristin live?
Me: I don't know...Where does Kristin live?
K: Arizona
Me: Where does Uncle Jeff live?
K: Arizona... Where does Daddy live?
Me: (Thinking to myself: We haven't done this one before...okay...I'll play along!)
I don't know...Keelin...Where does daddy live?
K: At work.
Everyone in line started cracking up! Gotta love 3 year-olds!
Can you tell she is use to staying home with me all day?? In her mind...she knows that daddy goes to work everyday...so...I am working on getting her to understand that daddy GOES to work everyday, but lives at HOME with her, and Emmy, and myself!
2 comments:
Lol!! That is great!! I made Brian go to post office for me the other day because I didn't have the patience for the line either:)
All that just makes me appreciate my little country Post Office.No lnes I just walk in do what I want,and walk out. Country life is good for some things. You all Have a Merry Christmas, And Drive safe going to Michigan.
Post a Comment