Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of School!

Well...today is the first day of school! I never really announced to my friends and family outside of Evansville that I am taking a year off teaching.
My brother called me "out of the blue" last night! I haven't talked to him in probably over 4-5 months. ( I know...I am a horrible older sister...) We caught up for a little while and it made me realize he didn't know I was taking a whole year off teaching. (Ironic he called the night before school starts!!!)
So...I will be home this whole year with Keelin and the baby to come in a month.
I will go back next August!
And to all teachers going back today (or in the next few days or weeks!) Good Luck this year!! I will be thinking about all of you!

2 comments:

jane said...

what a cool blog banner picture. That is wonderful you are taking a year off to be with your kiddos, what a blessing. Bet it feels weird not to be going back though, huh?

The Mitchell Family said...

We miss you!! I love the picture at the top! Great idea! Enjoy the time off. I'm sure we will keep in touch!