Monday, June 2, 2008

The Girls Getaway to Seattle!

I returned home from my wonderful Seattle vacation! I went out to visit my good friend, Jamie, whom I went to Ball State with. Actually 4 of us (Trina, Heather, Courtney, and I) all went out to see Jamie, Seattle, and each other! We had such a wonderful time catching up (which doesn't take long with us!) Jamie is in Seattle for only 1 year doing a Dental residency. She is one of 8 interns. They are the "REAL" Gray's Anatomy! Jamie had to work for a day and half while we were there but with the sight seeing packet she made for us and Trina's iPhone, we were able to find our way around just fine! I took over 150 pictures (don't worry I didn't put them all on here!) It was nice to get away and hang with the girls! Enjoy the pics!


Seattle skyline from Jamie's apartment balcony

Trina, HB, and I right after we arrived in Seattle.



Me in front of the FIRST Starbucks


Court, Trina, me, and HB at Starbucks



I love the orange slickers!


Pike Place Market



Seattle Space Needle



View from the top of the Space Needle



Thursday "Funk" Night
Jamie, Me, Court, HB, and Trina



I was the only one with a child out in Seattle, so...
I was called "Mom on Vacation"
HB has the "M" and Trina the "V"




Ready to go out for Jamie's 28th birthday!




We went to live music at The Triple Door!
The band was great and the espresso martini's were energizing!
Our group of about 13 headed on to a Irish pub to continue celebrating
Jamie's birthday. It was a late night (and the 3rd night out in a row!)



Saturday we spent all day on the road traveling around the Olympic Peninsula.
We stopped at Ruby Beach and took too many pictures!



We climbed quite a few rocks!



We took too many jumping pictures! I don't have our group jumping pictures on my
camera, so I will have to add them later. This is me showing I still have some spring left
in my legs.


I still have some balance too! Being that we were all "past"gymnasts, we had
some fun pulling out some old skills.



The scenery was beautiful! (and I am not talking about us)
The rocky Pacific coast was breathe taking!



We stopped along Lake Crescent as we drove the northern part of the peninsula.


We went up to Hurricane Ridge to view the Olympic Mountains.
The deer were not skittish.



Handstand on the edge! (not really but it does look like it in the picture)



HB, Trina, Jamie, Court, and I with the Olympics in the background


Trina and I on the ferry headed back to Seattle. The city at night was amazing!
The road trip took so long we had to take the 9:45pm ferry back.
We planned to get Sushi, but had to settle for pizza since it was so late.
We picked up pizza and visited the troll under the bridge.

I flew back to Evansville early the next morning. The trip was jam packed and
tons of fun! It was a vacation I desperately needed.

No comments: