Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Emmy gets Stung

Emmy got stung by a wasp for the first time.
We were at Keelin's swim lessons in Newburgh.  I took Emmy over to the playground to run around and play while Keelin was swimming.  Emmy was playing the musical pipes when a few wasps flew out.  I saw her waving her hand in front of her face and then she started to cry.  I knew she got stung somewhere on her face.  She said her lip hurt and continued to cry.  I immediately saw her lip start to swell, so we went to the pool office.  I couldn't find anyone, so I went to Keelin's instructor in the pool.  She was so helpful.  She got out of the pool and got Emmy some ice and some sting wipes.  Emmy was a rock star!  She cried, but she stayed calm and did not scream. 
When we got in the car to go home, Emmy said, "Mommy, do I look funny?"  That is Emmy's personality!  She finds humor in everything! I said, "Emmy, can I call you my little duck?" (Her lip looked like a beak!)
 
 Here are two pictures shortly after she was stung, sitting in the pool office area.

After a stop at the drugstore to get children's Benedral and a stuff dog, we made it home.
Emmy enjoyed eating Popsicles on her swollen lip.  By the evening, her lip was back to normal!

I would never wish getting stung on any child, but I am glad this happened to Emmy before Keelin.  Emmy is so tough.  It would have been "drama central" had it been Keelin.

No comments: