Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cincinnati- Day 2

It was a good day!!! I ran the Flying Pig Marathon this morning.  I haven't ran a marathon since October 2008 when I had a medical issue at the end of the race that landed me in a med tent. NOT THIS TIME!!  I ran better than I even expected!  I set a PR by 43 min.  I finished the hilly and rainy race in 3:48:40!

I was all smiles at mile 14.

Approaching Keelin at mile 25.  Still all smiles.
Here I go!  Less than a mile to go!  I even bragged to Drew that I was going to beat his marathon PR by 3 minutes!  Which I did!  I now (rightfully) hold the fastest marathon time in our family!! Drew has new motivation to change that!



I wore a pacing tattoo which really helped me pace myself.  I finished 1 min and 20 seconds faster than my pacing tattoo.  And that was the best chocolate milk I think I have ever had!!! The best race recovery drink!