Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Birthday and Michigan

Drew and I (and the girls) had to leave for Michigan the morning after we returned home from the cruise (which was my birthday).  On the last day of our cruise, I found out that my Grandma Perry had passed away.
 
My birthday journal:  I went to work at 4:30am on a Sunday morning.  I spent 3 hours at work.  We drove in our SUV for 13 hours through rain, sleet, freezing rain, and snow!  We ended up stopping in Gaylord, MI to get a hotel room for the night.  The best part of my birthday was stopping to eat dinner at Bdubs (Drew's favorite restaurant), but they gave me a free HUGE brownie sundae.  I did share it with my daughters.
 
 Now that the girls are getting older, traveling is a bit easier when they can pull their own luggage!  We are leaving our hotel in Gaylord, MI.

 We arrived at my Grandma Planck's house before noon.  My mom had made me a cake in Evansville for my birthday and she traveled all the way to the UP with it so we could all celebrate my birthday.


 Keelin and I were asked to read the Responsorial Psalm at my grandma's funeral.  Keelin read the last verse all by herself.

 My grandma Planck taught me how to crochet when I was younger.  Keelin was eager to learn, so she spent some time working with Keelin.  (My dad had to share his footstool!)

The girls were troopers!  They did an awesome job in the car for 25+ hours with NO DVD player!  I went to hook it up in the car about 30 minutes into our trip and there was no cables in the case!  Fortunately, we did have a Nook and an Ipad Mini. 
The sky when we returned home on Wednesday.

No comments: