Drew turned 32 on Monday, April 4th! Happy Birthday, Honey!
He came up with this CRAZY idea about a month ago...run his age! That would be 32 miles! He ran the idea by me and I said, "You are crazy, but go for it!" He ran the idea by a girl in his running group and she happened to be turning 31 on Tuesday, April 5th...how ironic! and she wanted to do it too!
The planning began...and on Sunday, April 3rd Michele and Drew ran 31/32 miles for their birthdays.
Drew kept the idea to himself because he didn't want the expectation from friends and family if he wasn't able to finish... but Michele sent out emails to everyone in their running group. They had so much support along their course from other runners! They not only finished but did it in AMAZING time!
They began their run at 3am!!!! Leaving the YMCA downtown, they headed west, then north, over to Newburgh, and then back downtown.
Keelin and I surprised Drew by being downtown to watch him finish.
Keelin and I waiting for Drew to finish.
Michele finished first. Her friend, Miki, ran the last block with her.
Here comes Drew! with bike escort! They had the ultimate treatment for this feat!
Keelin running to meet her daddy! He is at 31 miles! 1 mile to GO!
Drew asking Keelin if she wants to run the last mile with him!
Here they come after the first lap!
Rounding the corner and starting the second lap.
Finishing the second lap!!! 31.8 miles. (0.02 to go! A lap around the parking lot will do it!)
ALMOST DONE!
stopping the watch...
celebrate!
What the hell did I just do????????
What the hell did we both just do?????
stopping the watch...
celebrate!
What the hell did I just do????????
What the hell did we both just do?????
CONGRATS to Drew and Michele! Ultra Marathoners!
No comments:
Post a Comment