Saturday, January 3, 2009

Planck Christmas in Northern Michigan

Like I said in my last post...We arrived in the UP early Friday morning. We had no Christmas plans for Friday so we ventured out into the woods to do a little snowshoeing and skiing. My dad and drew cut a path with snowshoes through the deep snow. My mom and I skied behind them.





The woods behind my grandma's house were beautiful! There was so much snow. Drew stuck his arm down into the snow to see how deep it was and I didn't think he was going to make it back out. Drew and I fell the most on our venture into the woods! My parents are veterans! I don't think either one of them fell.




Along the way we came to a mutilated deer... coyote or wolf pack attack! It happened that morning because it was on top of the fresh snow. What a way to witness mother nature at its finest!


Saturday we had Christmas with my dad's family. Keelin opened many wonderful gifts. She got a Michigan State and a Red Wings t-shirt. We had a big dinner that night! My mom's mom and 3 of her sisters joined us.



My grandma feeds deer out in the back of her home. My dad goes out in the morning to feed them hay and corn. Sunday morning he took Keelin out with him. Typically, the deer come right up and eat out of the the bucket he holds, but they were too scared of Keelin! As you can see in one of the pictures a deer got pretty close to them. I love the bottom right picture of Keelin standing alone in the feeding pile with many deer staring her down. YIKES! 26 deer that morning!



Out for an icy run! Drew, Uncle Larry, Todd, and Jeff (not returning yet) went out for a run.


Uncle Larry went back out for a SLOWER run with Melissa, Tracey, and I. This was my first time running since October 12th!


The Cousins!
Jeff, Drew, Me, Todd, Tracey, Melissa, and Keelin

4 generations


Keelin was helping Todd play the guitar. Todd sang for us on our last day up north.

1 comment:

The Broeker Family said...

Oh My Gosh, Renee! This looks like so much fun. Can I go back home with you???