This weekend Drew and I ran the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon (13.1 miles). Drew finally beat my half marathon time of 1hr 48mins!! (I know it was bugging him that I had a faster PR than he did!!) Well...he can finally say his 1hr 46mins is faster then my best time. As for me...I didn't run as well as I wanted to. I ran a 2hr 6min time. Drew's brother, Clay, ran too and finished 1hr 55mins. We were all about 10 minutes apart in our finishes. Keelin spent the 2 hours with Aunt Jamie walking along the canal and Military Park. It was a perfect morning for a run. NO rain and the temp was in the 50's. If my hips and back didn' t hurt so much after mile 9 I may have enjoyed myself a little more. Drew felt great the entire race and really took advantage of it. I am so glad he had a great race.
My favorite part of the run is still the lap around the Indy race track. They take your picture as you run over the brickyard.
Here is a link to the race results.
http://minimarathon.onlineraceresults.com/race/view_race.php?race_id=7678
No comments:
Post a Comment